ELDERS & TRUSTEES
Jesus said, “But whoever wishes to be great among you must be your servant … just as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve…” Matthew 20:26,28
Trinity Presbyterian Church is blessed to have members who generously give of themselves and share their talents to benefit the church and its mission.
Together with ministers of the Word and Sacrament, elders exercise leadership, government, and discipline and have responsibilities for the life of the church.
• Ruling Elders serve on the Session, the body that establishes and oversees the direction of the church’s ministry, program, and budget. They are also asked to chair and serve on Ministry Teams of Session.
• Ruling Elders should be persons of faith, dedication, and good judgment. Their manner of life should be a demonstration of the Christian gospel, both within the church and in the world.
• It is the duty of the elders to strengthen and nurture the faith and life of the congregation.
• Together with the pastor, elders encourage the people in the worship and service of God, and equip and renew them for their tasks within the church and for their mission in the world.
• Elders occasionally preach and assist in worship.
Trustees represent the congregation in the stewardship of property and management of funds.
• Trustees oversee the fiscal and corporate affairs of the church, encourage generosity, and, in all dealings, work to further our service of Christ in the world.
• Trustees should be persons of good character, sound judgment and dedication.
SESSION CLASS OF 2020
SESSION CLASS OF 2019
SESSION CLASS OF 2021